Membership in ACU gives you access to information, tools, and resources to expand and improve access to comprehensive quality care to those in underserved communities. The following list outlines the benefits associated with both Individual and Organizational membership.
- A voice speaking up for frontline clinicians and their communities on Capitol Hill and with the federal agencies. ACU has led the fight for the National Health Service Corps through our Campaign to Strengthen the NHSC, and continues to lead on workforce recruitment and retention issues across the spectrum.
- Full online subscription to the quarterly, peer-reviewed Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved focusing on contemporary health care issues of medically underserved communities.
- Reduced registration fees on all ACU-sponsored conferences and professional training opportunities, including the ACU Annual Conference.
- Scholarships to attend the Institute for Healthcare Improvement professional development programs.
- Automatic membership in the Commonwealth Purchasing Group, which provides access to over 50 vendors offering discounts on products and services.
- Access to the ACU Career Center created especially for primary care professionals and administrative staff dedicated to providing care to the underserved. Post employment opportunities at a 20% discount, search opportunities, and access support services.
- Access to the Members-Only area of clinicians.org, which features exclusive digital benefits and content.
- Access to ACU Community, a digital space where members can connect with each other, discuss current health care issues, access resources, and quickly find information about upcoming events.
- Get involved and serve on one of three ACU committees: the policy, program, or membership committee.